This art deco brick building was constructed by the WPA starting in 1940. “Cuthbert’s Mid-Century Modern City Hall was a project of the WPA, near the tail-end of funding for the New Deal agency. It’s a quiet landmark of governmental…read more
The historic post office in Cuthbert, Georgia was constructed with Treasury Department funds; its construction is sometimes mis-attributed to the WPA. The building houses an example of New Deal artwork and is still in use today.