Arnold Friedman painted this oil on canvas mural, entitled “Environs of Warrentown,” in 1940 with funds provided by the Treasury Section of Fine Arts. It was originally installed in the Warrentown post office but was removed in the early 1980’s… read more
This Treasury Section of Fine Arts mural was painted by William Dean Faussett in tempera on gesso in 1939. From contributor Jimmy Emerson, DVM: “It was originally installed in the Augusta PO but now is in storage in the Augusta… read more
From contributor Jimmy Emerson, DVM: “Post Office mural entitled “Plantation, Transportation, Education” was painted by Abraham Harriton in 1941. In 1987, the newly appointed Postmaster had the mural removed from the wall of the post office. It now hangs in… read more
A rear extension to the historic U.S. Post Office and Courthouse building was constructed with federal Treasury Department funds in 1936.