The historic Federal Building—originally U.S. Post Office and Court House in downtown Orlando, Florida—was constructed with federal Treasury Department funds. The building was dedicated on April 15, 1941, and continues to serve as the downtown post office for Orlando.
The former Florida State Tuberculosis Sanitarium was constructed during the last 1930s as a New Deal-aided project. The Public Works Administration (PWA) supplied a $320,000 loan and $310,890 grant for the project, whose total cost was $804,005. Construction began in… read more