The Civilian Conservation Corps (C.C.C.) rebuilt the historic Comstock Covered Bridge, a.k.a. the Old Comstock Bridge.
“The Paugnut Forest Administration Building (also known as Burr Pond Park Bungalow) is a historic building at 385 Burr Mountain Road in Burr Pond State Park, Torrington, Connecticut. Built in 1937 by a crew of the Civilian Conservation Corps (CCC),… read more
In 1933/4 the federal Civil Works Administration (C.W.A.) funded the labor for demolition of the aging Pilgrim Father’s Hall school, on New Park Avenue, in West Hartford, Connecticut. The exact location of the building is unknown to Living New Deal.
In 1933/4 the federal Civil Works Administration (C.W.A.) furnished the labor for redecoration / painting of the auditorium of the now-former [Alfred] Plant Junior High School in West Hartford, Connecticut. In 1934 the Federal Emergency Relief Administration (F.E.R.A.) repainted the… read more
The historic post office building in Enfield, Connecticut was constructed using federal Treasury Department funds. The building, which was completed in 1937, was originally known as the Thompsonville post office. The building is no longer in use as a post… read more
The historic former post office in Fairfield, Connecticut was constructed with federal Treasury Department funds and completed in 1936. The building was sold to private interests in 2012; the building has since been highly modified though the façade remains largely… read more
The historic former post office building in Torrington, Connecticut was constructed with federal funds during the Great Depression. “This post office has two entrances, which is unusual except in large buildings, and its along most of the side. The lobby… read more
The historic former post office in Bristol, Connecticut was originally constructed during the early 20th century. An extension was added to the building as part of a New Deal project, which was completed in 1937 with federal Treasury Department funds…. read more
The historic post office in downtown Greenwich, Connecticut was originally constructed in 1916-7. A rear extension was added to the building to as part of a New Deal project completed in 1938 with federal Treasury Department funds. The building is… read more