• Fire Tower (no longer extant) - East Hampton CT
    Only the cement foundation remains of a former wooden fire lookout tower that was built by the C.C.C. in Meshomasic State Forest. The structure was located northwest of Midwood Farm Road.
  • Meshomasic State Forest - Portland CT
    Meshomasic State Forest, the first such entity in all of New England, was improved and developed by the efforts of two C.C.C. camps: Camp Jenkins (C.C.C. Company #181), in operation from June 14, 1933 to Jan. 1, 1936; and Camp Buck (C.C.C. Company #1197), in operation from Sept. 13, 1935 to Jul. 22, 1941. Among the work accomplished was "pouring a cement foundation for a sawmill," "building a lumber shed, a creosoting plant, a brick charcoal kiln ...," "miles of trails," and construction of "Milford Road." Other accomplishments are linked to from this page.
  • Post Office - East Hampton CT
    The historic post office building in East Hampton, Connecticut was constructed in 1937 with federal Treasury Department funds. The building is still in service.
  • Reeves Road - Portland CT
    The Civilian Conservation Corps (C.C.C.) built  Reeves Road in East Hampton and Portland, Connecticut.
  • Salmon River State Forest - Colchester CT
    Camp Stuart, Civilian Conservation Corps (C.C.C.) Company #1194, operated between July 8, 1935 and May 31, 1937. It conducted development work at the newly-established Salmon River State Park. Work included construction of one mile of truck trails, "the clearing of miles of cross-country ski trails," and dam construction.