Gladys Caldwell Fisher completed these two Indiana limestone sculptures, entitled “Rocky Mountain Sheep” and “White Ram,” in 1936 with funds provided by the Treasury Relief Art Project. They are viewable on both sides of the entrance to the Byron White… read more
Ethel Magafan painted this mural, entitled “The Horse Corral,” in 1942 for the Treasury Section of Fine Arts.
From History Colorado: “The Capitol Annex benefited from two Depression era Federal programs the Public Works Administration and the Works Progress Administration. The former program provided part of the funding for this two building complex. Colorado artists from the Fine… read more
“The N.P. Severin Company of Chicago erected the building in 1931 under the direction of James A. Wetmore, architectural supervisor for the Treasury Department. The walls of the Italian Renaissance Revival style building are of smooth-rubbed, course cut Colorado Yule… read more