Built by the Works Progress Administration (WPA), this Mission Revival-style fire station was built in 1936. The building has been substantially altered since its original construction.
New Deal workers constructed "early flood-control, sewage and water systems" in Sonoma County.
The WPA restored and renovated the building and ground of General Vallejo's home, during 1936-1938. The parts restored included the residence, servants quarters, the brick Swiss Chalet (this became a museum to house relics of the General and CA history),… read more