A historic former post office building in Redondo Beach, California was constructed ca. 1935 with Treasury Department funds. The building, located at 201 South Catalina Avenue, has since been demolished. Examples of New Deal artwork created for the facility have since… read more
The Redondo Beach post office contains three oil on canvas murals by Paul Sample that were originally created for the since-demolished post office building at Catalina and Garnet street. The artwork relocated with the post office to its current location in 1977. The murals… read more
The science building at Redondo Union High School was completed by the WPA in 1939 and is still in use. The WPA also reconstructed the school auditorium, but that building was recently rebuilt.