The Oxnard Post Office was built by the Treasury Department Bureau of Public Buildings in 1939. It is a two story building in Italian Renaissance Revival style. It is still in active use and the original lobby is intact.
A large oil-on-canvas mural hangs at one end of the lobby of the Oxnard central post office on A Street. It was presumably commissioned by the Section on Fine Arts of the Treasury Department, which built the post office in…read more