This fancifully decorated elementary school was built by the PWA in 1936, after the original school was destroyed in the Longbeach earthquake of 1933. Note the PWA construction sign in the archival photo below.
Municipal swimming pool or "plunge," built by the WPA in 1940, and still in use. It is a 25 yard pool, containing 8 lanes, and is now administered by the El Segundo Parks and Recreation Department. It was named after…read more