These two elaborate hanging light fixtures supply primary lighting to the large meeting room on the second floor of the firehouse and were produced separately as a project of the Monterrey WPA Art Project. They have a hexagonal shape, copper… read more
The scene is of a large spreading tree, probably a coastal pine in a fanciful setting with mountains in the background, a giraffe on the left side, and a woman sitting under the tree, a man behind and to her… read more
Redwood carving by Remo Scardigli depicting Father Juniperro Serra. The latter’s remains are buried at the foot of the alter of the Mission San Carlos Borromeo De Carmel on Rio Rd. The sculpture is located on the east side of… read more
The Carmel Mission chapel roof was rebuilt in 1936 by CCC craftsmen to enable the roof to be covered in clay tile. This was a correction to a restoration performed in 1882.