This art deco style WPA building is no longer used for official business. Now the fire station side holds the Boys and Girls Club, while the other side is used by small businesses.
In 1938, WPA labor constructed a stone retaining wall outlining the east and north edges of the Auburn Veterans Memorial Hall property. The approximately 380’-long wall is made of pieces of uncut native stone laid in random courses. The wall… read more
On May 15, 1937, the Placer Herald noted: "Trustees of the Placer Union High School and Junior College District have accepted the new $85,000 gymnasium, completed under direction of W.E. Coffman, architect, by J.C. Meyers, contractor. The new edifice is… read more