This “garage-type log building” was constructed in 1939 by the 768th company of the Arkansas CCC. It is listed on the National Register of Historic Places.
This structure was built in 1939 by members of the 768th company of the Arkansas Civilian Conservation Corp. It was designed to be a garage and vehicular maintenance building for use by the members of the Forest Rangers. It is… read more
The Crossett Experimental Forest is located about 11 km south of the town of Crossett in Ashley County, Arkansas. The Federal Emergency Relief Administration began the project in 1933 with “13 miles of pick-and-shovel-built FERA roads” (Reynolds). Firelines were built… read more
“When construction was completed in 1940, Crossett reveled in the addition of the ‘pleasing green’ stucco building that was designed using a combination of Art Deco, Greek Revival, and International architectural syles” (Arkansas Historic Preservation Program). The post office cost… read more