1 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 79
  • Municipal Golf Course Clubhouse - El Paso TX
    Among the Works Progress Administration (WPA) projects identified as completed in an El Paso Times article from June 7, 1936 was a "Municipal Golf Course Clubhouse, $14,945.72." The golf course in question and the status of the facility are presently unknown to Living New Deal.
  • School (former) - Moss Hill TX
    The Works Progress Administration (WPA) constructed or improved a school building in Moss Hill, Texas, in 1935/6. The location or status of the building is unknown to Living New Deal.
  • High School (former) Improvements - Reading KS
    The Civil Works Administration "refinished" the Reading High School building in a project completed in early 1934. There is no more high school in Reading; its location and present status are presently unknown to Living New Deal.
  • City Garage - Hutchinson KS
    The Civil Works Administration (CWA) constructed a new/enlarged municipal garage just south of the Convention Hall (Memorial Hall), at the northwest corner of E Ave. B and S. Walnut St. in Hutchinson, Kansas. The Hutchinson News: "The city is acquiring lots just south of Convention Hall facing on Avenue B with a 148 foot front. On the new site is a brick building on the alley across tho court from Convention hall which is now used by the city. The plan is to enlarge it, with an extension to the south of a storage garage to be used for city trucks...
  • Agricultural Research Center Improvements - Hays KS
    The New Deal's Civil Works Administration (CWA) employed 40 men "in making improvements" at what was then known as the Fort Hays Branch of the Kansas Agricultural Experiment Station (now Agricultural Research Center).
  • Baker University: Heating Plant - Baldwin City KS
    The New Deal's Civil Works Administration (CWA) employed 30 men at the end of 1933 constructing a heating plant for Baker University in Baldwin City, Kansas. The exact location and status of the facility is currently unknown to Living New Deal.
  • City Hall (former) - Altamont KS
    The former city hall building in Altamont, Kansas was constructed in 1937 with Works Progress Administration (WPA) funds and labor. The status and location of the former building are presently unknown to Living New Deal.
  • Tulsa Fairgrounds Cafeteria - Tulsa OK
    The Works Progress Administration (WPA) created a site within the Tulsa Fairgrounds called the Tulsa Fairgrounds Cafeteria, which was finished during 1938. Currently, the cafeteria still remains standing. It has expanded many times since it was first built. Geographically, the Tulsa Fairgrounds Cafeteria spans just under less than one acre. The architecture of the cafeteria is unique. It was built upon an Art Deco style, and its foundation was brick. It’s a one-story rectangular shaped building that was surrounded by a running bond. The construction of this cafeteria was built to better serve the needs of those who attended the...
  • Painted Desert Inn: Water Supply - Petrified Forest National Park AZ
    The Painted Desert Inn was created by the Civilian Conservation Corps (CCC), working under the National Park Service (NPS), with a grant from the Public Works Administration (PWA).  They completely rebuilt a private inn called the Stone Tree House, which had been constructed in the 1910s, which was purchased and added to the Petrified Forest National Monument in 1936 (the monument had been designated by President Theodore Roosevelt in 1906 and  was elevated to Petrified Forest National Park in 1962).  The reconstruction was done in 1937-40. The Stone Tree House had no water supply, so the CCC enrollees brought running water via...
  • Rim Trail: Log Benches - Grand Canyon Village AZ
    The Civilian Conservation Corps (CCC) conducted extensive development work at Grand Canyon Village,  1933-37. The National Park Service CCC Walking Tour notes that: "While the CCC crews were refurbishing the rock wall , they also constructed new log benches." Documentation is lacking as to whether the benches extant today were the original benches made by the CCC.
1 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 79