Excerpt from okhistory.org Delaware WPA Properties 1985: “This essentially “L” shaped structure (188′ x 156 on the exterior sides) is constructed of rusticated and random laid limestone. It has a flat roof and parapets capped with concrete. Recessed entryways have… read more
The Works Progress Administration built the Penelope Rural High School, School Dist. 8. The one-story brick building bearing white cement decorations at the top was completed in 1940. It houses eight classrooms, a gym-auditorium, offices, storerooms, and a locker room.
The National Youth Administration built the Blanco High School in 1940. Austin American Statesman Newspaper, December 19, 1940: “Blanco lays cornerstone for new building, built by National Youth Administration workers. The new high school started a year ago, is built of… read more