Living New Deal believes that the former school building—now Delaware Regional Center—at 15598 State Highway 8 in Masonville, New York was constructed with the aid of federal Public Works Administration (PWA) funds. The building exhibits a 1941 cornerstone.
Civilian Conservation Corps (CCC) enrollees removed snow from the grounds of the White House after a snowstorm in March 1941.
“Construct school gymnasium, including installing plumbing, heating, and electrical facilities; excavating; backfilling; and performing appurtenant and incidental work. Publicly owned property. Sponsor: Oil Trough School District #100.” WPA Project No. 265-1-63-5, $11,244, application date 7-12-41, Average Employed 38. As best… read more
The Works Progress Administration built the Wainwright School and Gymnasium in Wainwright. The structure is built of red native rock cut into irregular shaped rectangles. The gym to the southwest has tall windows, rounded at the top. The Historic Preservation… read more
The Granville Town Board voted in 1940 to build a new Town Hall in Granville Center that would house the town offices, an auditorium, and the fire department. Work Projects Administration (WPA) labor built the project. Construction began Oct. 23,… read more
According to the 1941 Hearne Democrat, the post office is located at 3rd and Magnolia Streets. The contract was awarded to Leslie F. Crockett Construction Co. in January of 1941 for $50,877. The building was designed in Spanish Revival style. The structure… read more
Artist Theodore Hussa, Jr. of Burlington, VT painted four murals for the Eastern States Exposition, with support from the Works Progress Administration Arts Project. Each mural depicts a major Vermont industry: Recreeation; Quarrying; Dairying; and Sugaring. Each murals measures 5′ wide… read more