- Jackson, MS
- Site Type:
- Monuments and Memorials, Civic Facilities
- New Deal Agencies:
- Public Works Administration (PWA), Public Works Funding, Federal Works Agency (FWA)
- Albert George Reicker, sculptor
- Carl Emil Matthes, Carl L. Olschner, Dalton B. Shourds, E. L. Malvaney, Eugene Dixon Drummond, Frank A. Fort, Frank P. Gates Company, Ralph Howard Bean, Robert James Moor
- M. T. Reed Construction Company, W. J. McGee and Son
- Quality of Information:
- Very Good
- Site Survival:
The Art Moderne building was Public Works Administration (PWA) Project Miss. 1279. Along with principal architect E. L. Malvaney, there were 8 architects, the builder/contractor, foundation contractor, and a sculptor who worked on the building.
Mississippi Department of Archives and History, Jackson Historic Resources Inventory.
Site originally submitted by Susan Allen on August 18, 2015.
Contribute to this Site
We welcome contributions of additional information on any New Deal site.Submit More Information or Photographs for this New Deal Site