- Florence, SC
- Site Type:
- Federal Facilities, Post Offices, Federal Courthouses
- New Deal Agencies:
- Federal & Military Operations, Treasury Department
The historic former post office and federal courthouse building in Florence, South Carolina was constructed during the early 20th century and received a large addition constructed during the 1930s with federal Treasury Department funds. The extension and remodeling work was completed in 1938. The building is now privately owned.
Source notesNational Archives: Record Group 121-BS: Records of the Public Buildings Service: Completion views of federal buildings (prints) alphabetically by state and thereunder by city, to 1966; Box 79.
Site originally submitted by Evan Kalish on February 7, 2015.
Contribute to this Site
We welcome contributions of additional information on any New Deal site.Submit More Information or Photographs for this New Deal Site