- Kingston, PA
- Site Type:
- Civic Facilities, Federal Facilities, Post Offices
- New Deal Agencies:
- Federal & Military Operations, Treasury Department
The branch post office in Kingston, Pennsylvania was constructed with federal Treasury Department funds in 1938-9. The building is still in use today.
A 1941 Section of Fine Arts-funded tempera painting titled “Anthracite Coal” was painted by George Harding and hangs in the lobby.
Source noteshttps://www.savethepostoffice.com/node/9867 https://www.wpamurals.org/pennsylv.htm
Site originally submitted by Evan Kalish on May 13, 2014.
At this Location:
Contribute to this Site
We welcome contributions of additional information on any New Deal site.Submit More Information or Photographs for this New Deal Site