- Starkville, MS
- Site Type:
- Civic Facilities, Federal Facilities, Post Offices
- New Deal Agencies:
- Federal & Military Operations, Treasury Department
- M. C. Monroe
The historic one-story Colonial Revival post office in Starkville, Mississippi was constructed by M. C. Monroe for $14,750 in 1935. It has not been used as a post office since the 1980s; the building is now privately owned.
Source notesMississippi Department of Archives and History. Historic Resources Inventory database. Retrieved from https://www.apps.mdah.ms.gov/Public/prop.aspx?view=architectural Biloxi Daily Herald. (October 26, 1935). p. 8
Site originally submitted by Susan Allen on December 29, 2014.
Contribute to this Site
We welcome contributions of additional information on any New Deal site.Submit More Information or Photographs for this New Deal Site