- Site Type:
- Forestry and Agriculture, Fire Lookouts
- New Deal Agencies:
- Work Relief Programs, Civilian Conservation Corps (CCC)
- Quality of Information:
- Site Survival:
- No Longer Extant
The first tower at the top was made of wood in 1918 and was fifty-six feet high. In 1934 the wooden tower was replaced by a sixty-three foot steel tower by the Indian Civilian Conservation Corps (CCC) camp at Passamaquoddy reservation. The tower was dismantled in the 1980’s.
Source notesAnnual Report of the Forest Commissioner of the State of Maine
Site originally submitted by Andrew Laverdiere on January 21, 2016.
Contribute to this Site
We welcome contributions of additional information on any New Deal site.Submit More Information or Photographs for this New Deal Site