- Grafton, ND
- Site Type:
- Education and Health, Schools
- New Deal Agencies:
- Public Works Administration (PWA), Public Works Funding
The former Grafton Public School building, located on the west side of Griggs Ave. between W 7th and W 8th Streets, was constructed in 1935 with the aid of federal Public Works Administration (PWA) funds. The PWA provided a $95,000 loan and $41,000 grant for the project, whose total cost was $150,635.
PWA Project No. ND 6426
National Archives: Record Group 135: Public Works Administration; Projects Control Division; Entry 52: Indices to Non-Federal Projects; Report No. 5: Status of All Completed Non-Federal Allotted Projects, page 151.
Site originally submitted by Evan Kalish on December 16, 2018.
Contribute to this Site
We welcome contributions of additional information on any New Deal site.Submit More Information or Photographs for this New Deal Site