- Riverton, WY
- Site Type:
- Education and Health, Schools
- New Deal Agencies:
- Public Works Administration (PWA), Public Works Funding
- F. H. Porter
The former high school in Riverton, Wyoming received a two-wing addition as part of a federal Public Works Administration (P.W.A.) project during the Great Depression. Construction was completed in 1936.
The location and present status of the building is unknown to Living New Deal.
PWA Docket No. WY 1015-R
Source notesNational Archives Record Group 135-SAR: Prints: Photographs rejected for use in the Photographic Report to the President: “Survey of the Architecture of Completed Projects of the PWA, 1939”; Box 23: Wyoming file; Folder 1: Schools. National Archives: Record Group 135: Public Works Administration; Projects Control Division; Entry 52: Indices to Non-Federal Projects; Report No. 5: Status of All Completed Non-Federal Allotted Projects, page 157.
Site originally submitted by Evan Kalish on April 16, 2017.
Contribute to this Site
We welcome contributions of additional information on any New Deal site.Submit More Information or Photographs for this New Deal Site