- Houghton, MI
- Site Type:
- Education and Health, Colleges and Universities
- New Deal Agencies:
- Public Works Funding, Public Works Administration (PWA)
Michigan Technological University’s Douglass Houghton Hall was constructed during the Great Depression with the assistance of federal Public Works Administration (PWA) grant money (PWA Docket No. [X]1732). The PWA supplied a grant of $178,601; the total cost of the project was $398,713. Construction occurred between December 1938 and September 1939.
Source notesNational Archives: Record Group 135: Public Works Administration; Projects Control Division; Entry 52: Indices to Non-Federal Projects; Report No. 5: Status of All Completed Non-Federal Allotted Projects, page 63.
Site originally submitted by Evan Kalish on November 28, 2014.
Contribute to this Site
We welcome contributions of additional information on any New Deal site.Submit More Information or Photographs for this New Deal Site