- Oxford, MS
- Site Type:
- Federal Facilities, Civic Facilities, City and Town Halls, Post Offices
- New Deal Agencies:
- Federal & Military Operations, Treasury Department
The original Romanesque/Queen Anne style post office and federal building was constructed 1883-1886. A rear wing was added in 1935 under the Office of the Supervising Architect of the Treasury direction. At that time, the building was still a post office and federal building. The building is currently used as Oxford City Hall.
Source notesMississippi Department of Archives and History, Historic Resources Inventory database.
Site originally submitted by Susan Allen on October 28, 2013.
Contribute to this Site
We welcome contributions of additional information on any New Deal site.Submit More Information or Photographs for this New Deal Site