- Yukon, OK
- Site Type:
- Civic Facilities, City and Town Halls, Auxiliary Civic Facilities
- New Deal Agencies:
- Work Relief Programs, Works Progress Administration (WPA)
“The [former] Yukon City Hall is a two-story light brick building constructed by the WPA in 1936. It faces north and has a centered entrance. The building has five bays, separated by decorative masonry pilasters, with engraving at the tops. The entrance is a single aluminum and glass door with a narrow sidelight and transom. Beneath the ground floor windows is a stone water table which surrounds the building. Each floors has a single fixed pane window with a stone sill.
Across the top of the facade is a wide stone entablature which is engraved “CITY OF YUKON”. The WPA shield is mounted on the west end of the facade and reads: “USA / 1936 / WPA”. The two-sided cornerstone is on the northeast corner.
The building is currently occupied by the City Court Clerk and the Park & Recreation Director…The current City Hall is located at 500 W. Main.” (https://www.waymarking.com)
Site originally submitted by hamquilter on November 15, 2013.
Contribute to this Site
We welcome contributions of additional information on any New Deal site.Submit More Information or Photographs for this New Deal Site