- Oahu, HI
- Site Type:
- Education and Health, Schools
- New Deal Agencies:
- Public Works Administration (PWA), Public Works Funding
- Site Survival:
- No Longer Extant
The Public Works Administration (PWA) funded additions and improvement work for the Boys’ School (also known as the Waiale’e Home for Wayward Boys or the Waiale’e Industrial School for Boys) on the North Shore of Oahu. The PWA grant amounted to $61,364. The work was carried out in 1938. The project, listed as Docket No. TH-1033-F, was part of the PWA’s non-federal projects expenditures for the Territory of Hawaii for 1938-1939.
Source notesHawaii State Archives, GOV8-18, U.S. Departments, Emergency Relief – Works Progress Administration. The Boys of Waialee, Historic Hawaii Foundation, accessed June 28, 2017.
Site originally submitted by Brent McKee on June 28, 2017.
Contribute to this Site
We welcome contributions of additional information on any New Deal site.Submit More Information or Photographs for this New Deal Site