- Birmingham, OH
- Site Type:
- Education and Health, Schools, Gymnasiums
- New Deal Agencies:
- Public Works Administration (PWA), Public Works Funding
- Site Survival:
- No Longer Extant
Birmingham School #2 in Birmingham, Ohio received an auditorium/gymnasium addition in 1936 as a New Deal project, with funds from the Public Works Administration (PWA). The PWA provided a $11,371 grant for the project, whose total cost was $25,667. The building was demolished in 1995.
PWA Docket No. OH [W]1185
Source: National Archives: Record Group 135: Public Works Administration; Projects Control Division; Entry 52: Indices to Non-Federal Projects; Report No. 5: Status of All Completed Non-Federal Allotted Projects, page 69.
https://www.oldohioschools.com/erie_county.htm (accessed Apr. 2018)
Site originally submitted by Evan Kalish on April 1, 2018.
Contribute to this Site
We welcome contributions of additional information on any New Deal site.Submit More Information or Photographs for this New Deal Site