View from rear of WPA Building looking SouthwestView from rear of WPA Building looking Southwest
Carrollton, Georgie’s historic City Gym building, now known as WPA Center, is a stone building located at the corner of North Cliff and Chandler Streets, overlooking Park (US 27). The building was constructed with Works Progress Administration (WPA) labor in 1937. Combination community center and gymnasium. According to the city, the facility is available for rentals: “There are now two offices and a small kitchen in the building plus a 90’x 52’ Reception Hall with a gas log fireplace. Banquet or Meeting capacity is 200, plus there is extra seating for 50 in the original bleachers on one side of
Cornerstone (site visit 21 January 2018).
https://www.carrollton-ga.gov/wp-content/uploads/2016/01/City-Facility-Rentals-and-Fee-Schedule.pdf (accessed 26 October 2018).
Project originally submitted by Ernest Everett Blevins on October 26, 2018.
We welcome contributions of additional information on any New Deal project site.SUBMIT MORE INFORMATION OR PHOTOGRAPHS FOR THIS SITE