The Works Progress Administration (WPA) constructed a “seventy-five-acre parking field … for the city north of the World’s Fair grounds.” 1,950 men worked on the parking lot project, which occupied land north of Roosevelt Ave. The site was on what is now the parking lot for Citi Field.
The New York Times: "Completing Fair Parking Field," September 9, 1938 (pg. 15)
Project originally submitted by Evan Kalish on March 27, 2018.
We welcome contributions of additional information on any New Deal project site.SUBMIT MORE INFORMATION OR PHOTOGRAPHS FOR THIS SITE