Old Woodward School, Oxford, MA
Oxford, Massachusetts’s old Woodward School received assistance from multiple New Deal programs during the 1930s. In 1933 the Civil Works Administration (CWA) graded a playground at the school and painted and decorated the building, a project which, town reports state, is “a work that does great credit to those having it in charge.” The school grounds were further improved and graded during 1934 utilizing funds provided by the federal Emergency Relief Administration.
The building still houses educational facilities, though it is no longer known as the Woodward School.
Annual Reports of the Town Officers / School Committee of the Town of Oxford, Massachusetts for the years ending December 31, 1933, 1934.
Project originally submitted by Evan Kalish on October 14, 2014.
We welcome contributions of additional information on any New Deal project site.SUBMIT MORE INFORMATION OR PHOTOGRAPHS FOR THIS SITE