Remnants of Woodhouse SchoolPhoto: Larry D. Moore. CC BY-SA 4.0, June 22, 2019
In December 1937, William Phillip Bishop Woodhouse deeded a portion of his landholdings to the school district for the construction of Woodhouse School, which opened in the fall of 1938. The Work Projects Administration built additional facilities for Woodhouse School in 1941, including an agriculture building, a cafeteria and a home economics cottage.
Woodhouse consolidated with the Four Pines School to create Westwood School. The class of 1960 was the last to graduate from Woodhouse, although its facilities continued in use until 1979.
Details for Site of Woodhouse School, Texas Historic Sites Atlas.
(https://atlas.thc.state.tx.us/Details/5001012643), accessed June 2019.
Historic marker on site.
Project originally submitted by Larry Moore on July 2, 2019.
We welcome contributions of additional information on any New Deal project site.SUBMIT MORE INFORMATION OR PHOTOGRAPHS FOR THIS SITE