William Sheridan Playground
NYC Parks’ website explains that “The City purchased this land for park purposes in 1934, and Adolf A. Berle, Jr. signed the deed as trustee of the War Memorial Fund, which donated the playground in Sheridan’s name. One of nine memorial playgrounds, it was dedicated on July 15, 1934.”
This was one of nine playgrounds constructed with War Memorial and TERA funds in 1934.
NYC Parks - William Sheridan Playground Department of Parks, Press Release, August 12, 1935 New York City Parks Department New Deal Projects 1934-43
Project originally submitted by Frank da Cruz on January 31, 2017.
We welcome contributions of additional information on any New Deal project site.SUBMIT MORE INFORMATION OR PHOTOGRAPHS FOR THIS SITE