Physical Education Building
The PWA built the Physical Education building at what was then the Western Washington College of Education (docket #W1049-R). From the WWU Library Special Collections site: “The Physical Education Building, designed by Bebb and Gould of Seattle, was completed in 1936 by the Henrickson-Alstrom Construction Company. It included a 90 x 100 feet gym, a pool, offices, classrooms and shower rooms.” The building is now known as “Gym D.” The complex is undergoing extensive renovations, but the original building is slated to be preserved.
We welcome contributions of additional information on any New Deal project site.SUBMIT MORE INFORMATION OR PHOTOGRAPHS FOR THIS SITE