Project type: Education and Health, Schools
Designers: Jr., Vinson B. Smith
Contractors: Dye and Mullings
Site Survival: No Longer ExtantView Project in a Separate Window
One of two schools constructed with 45% funding from Public Works Administration, the West Ward school had 16 rooms and a capacity in each for 40-45 students. A library/conference room was upstairs. The two buildings constructed at the same time by the same architects and builders cost a total of about $205,500. The building was demolished in 1994.
Mississippi Department of Archives and History, Historic Resources Inventory database. Retrieved from https://www.apps.mdah.ms.gov/Public/prop.aspx?view=architectural New schools to be opened tonight. March 19, 1937. Biloxi Daily Herald, p. 1, 2.
Project originally submitted by Susan Allen on October 27, 2014.
We welcome contributions of additional information on any New Deal project site.SUBMIT MORE INFORMATION OR PHOTOGRAPHS FOR THIS SITE