Old West Millbury School, Millbury, MA
Improvements were made to the Millbury, Massachusetts’s old West Millbury School building and grounds with the assistance of federal New Deal funds. The old school, which also went by the name of Grass Hill School, has since been restored by the local historical society.
The Civil Works Administration provided labor for a roof shingling project begun and completed in 1933. At the same time Federal Emergency Relief Act funds enabled other improvements at the school, such as the installation of concrete steps. The National Youth Administration conducted miscellaneous improvements at the school.
http://www.millburyhistory.org/GrassHillSchool.html Annual Reports of the Town Officers of the Town of Millbury For the Year Ending December 31st, 1933; pages 13. Annual Reports of the Town Officers of the Town of Millbury For the Year Ending December 31st, 1938; pages 9.
Project originally submitted by Evan Kalish on October 11, 2014.
We welcome contributions of additional information on any New Deal project site.SUBMIT MORE INFORMATION OR PHOTOGRAPHS FOR THIS SITE