West Fourth Street IND Subway Station
The Sixth Avenue branch trunk line of New York City’s Independent Subway (IND) was constructed during the 1930s with the aid of federal Public Works Administration (PWA) funds. On December 15, 1940, six additional IND subway stations opened along Sixth Avenue. The West Fourth Street – Washington Square subway station was one of the six to open at this time.
Project originally submitted by Evan Kalish on November 27, 2014.
Additional contributions by Frank da Cruz.
We welcome contributions of additional information on any New Deal project site.SUBMIT MORE INFORMATION OR PHOTOGRAPHS FOR THIS SITE