The WPA provided assistance in repairing and otherwise improving the Ninth Regiment / West 14th Street Armory in the Chelsea neighborhood of Manhattan.
The building is no longer extant. “The (22nd) Twenty-Second Regiment / 14th Street Armory (1863) building was replaced with the (9th) Ninth Regiment / West 14th Street Armory (1894-1896) building, which was later replaced by (42nd) Forty-Second Division / West 14th Street Armory (1971) building, which in turn was replaced by a mix[ed] use structure, all on the same site.” (Wikipedia)
National Archives; Record Group 69: Records of the Work Projects Administration; Records of the Project Control Division; microfilm publication T935; roll 41.
Project originally submitted by Evan Kalish on August 11, 2014.
We welcome contributions of additional information on any New Deal project site.SUBMIT MORE INFORMATION OR PHOTOGRAPHS FOR THIS SITE