“The Mountain View Waterworks are a historic public water supply system in Mountain View, Arkansas. The facilities consist of a tower and well house, located at the junction of Gayler and King Streets. The tower is a metal structure with four legs, reinforced by diagonal latticework members, topped by a water tank with a bowl-shaped bottom and a conical roof. A large pipe connects from the bottom of the tank to the well house, a square fieldstone structure. These facilities were built in 1936-37 with funding from the Public Works Administration, and were still in use at the time of the property’s listing on the National Register of Historic Places in 2006.”
Project originally submitted by Evan Kalish on February 16, 2018.
We welcome contributions of additional information on any New Deal project site.SUBMIT MORE INFORMATION OR PHOTOGRAPHS FOR THIS SITE