Waldo Water Tower
“In 1935 the Arkansas State Planning Board met with the Public Works Administration to begin planning for the conservation of the Arkansas natural resources. The PWA accepted the task to improve all of the water sources in the State. In that same year, the construction on the Waldo Water Tower began. The PWA gave a $43,500 loan and a $15,987 grant for the project. The Waldo Water Tower was completed May, 1936.
Today the old Waldo Water Tower continues to operate as one of the primary water sources for the town of Waldo. It serves as a reminder of the PWA construction and work during the 1930s.”
We welcome contributions of additional information on any New Deal project site.SUBMIT MORE INFORMATION OR PHOTOGRAPHS FOR THIS SITE