“To insure equal water pressure throughout the system and to supply the demands of an ever – increasing population, the City of Cincinnati constructed a water storage tower just west of Miami Road, near Brill Road [in Indian Hill]. Construction of the French Provincial style water tower was started in 1933 and completed in 1936 by PWA[?] labor. Its capacity of 500,000 gallons improved the water service considerably.”
Village of Indian Hill: History of the Water Works System: http://www.ci.indian-hill.oh.us/pdfs/New_resident_booklet_form.pdf
Project originally submitted by Evan Kalish on November 7, 2014.
We welcome contributions of additional information on any New Deal project site.SUBMIT MORE INFORMATION OR PHOTOGRAPHS FOR THIS SITE