1936, the East Bay Municipal Utility District joined forces with the Works Progress Administration to install a new 6″ pipe around the north side of Lake Orinda, replacing a former line that ran across the dam. The new pipe allowed gravity feeding of the Charles Hill Tank from the Orinda Tank, saving municipal funds previously used to pump water between the two tanks.
John S. Longwell, "The District Keeps Pace." Splashes Magazine, October 1936, p. 3.
Project originally submitted by East Bay Municipal Utility District on December 5, 2014.
We welcome contributions of additional information on any New Deal project site.SUBMIT MORE INFORMATION OR PHOTOGRAPHS FOR THIS SITE