Washington Education Center
Pittsburgh’s historic Washington Trade School / Washington Education Center building was built in 1936-7 as a New Deal project: the Public Works Administration (PWA) provided a $211,689 grant for the project, whose total cost was $484,114.
“The Charles W. Bier-designed structure opened on September 1, 1937.”
It is no longer in service as a school.
PWA Docket No. PA [W]1303
National Archives: Record Group 135: Public Works Administration; Projects Control Division; Entry 52: Indices to Non-Federal Projects; Report No. 5: Status of All Completed Non-Federal Allotted Projects, page 33.
Project originally submitted by Evan Kalish on March 17, 2018.
We welcome contributions of additional information on any New Deal project site.SUBMIT MORE INFORMATION OR PHOTOGRAPHS FOR THIS SITE