Warren Guard Station
“In 1918, the Forest Service moved its Guard Station from Hays Station, near the South Fork of the Salmon River, to Warren. Construction dates at the station site range from the barn built in 1909 to the ‘modern’ 1959 ranch style, one level frame house. The other facilities were built by Franklin D. Roosevelt’s Civilian Conservation Corps. The Guard Station offers information and exhibits on the history of the area.”(http://www.secesh.net/Walk.htm)
The CCC buildings, constructed in 1934, were part of one of the first CCC projects in the State of Idaho and in the Nation.
Idaho State Historic Preservation Office http://www.secesh.net/Walk.htm
We welcome contributions of additional information on any New Deal project site.SUBMIT MORE INFORMATION OR PHOTOGRAPHS FOR THIS SITE