Stripling Middle School, track, football field, retaining wall. Fort Worth, TX
W. C. Stripling Middle School was originally constructed as W. C. Stripling High School in 1927. In 1933-34, the grounds were landscaped according to the designs of Hare & Hare of Kansas City, MO and implemented by the Civil Works Administration (CWA), the Federal Emergency Relief Administration FERA), and the Texas Relief Administration. The improvements included retaining walls that surround the practice football field and track.
"Eight Decades of School Construction: Historic Resources of the Fort Worth Independent School District, 1892-1961," City of Fort Worth. p. 41.
Project originally submitted by Steven and Susan Kline on January 6, 2015.
We welcome contributions of additional information on any New Deal project site.SUBMIT MORE INFORMATION OR PHOTOGRAPHS FOR THIS SITE