Volunteer Fire Department
Winnemucca’s Volunteer Fire Department Building was constructed with the aid of federal Public Works Administration (PWA) funds between 1938 and 1939. The building, located on South Bridge St. between W. 4th and W. 5th Streets, is still in use today.
The PWA contributed a grant of $8,749 toward the project, whose final cost was $19,730. (PWA Docket No. NV 1057)
National Archives: Record Group 135: Public Works Administration; Projects Control Division; Entry 52: Indices to Non-Federal Projects; Report No. 5: Status of All Completed Non-Federal Allotted Projects, page 204.
Project originally submitted by Evan Kalish on September 3, 2014.
We welcome contributions of additional information on any New Deal project site.SUBMIT MORE INFORMATION OR PHOTOGRAPHS FOR THIS SITE