A vocational building was constructed at the Magee School Complex in Magee, Mississippi during the Great Depression using standard plans. The building was undertaken with the assistance of labor provided by Civil Works Administration (CWA), a job creation program established under the Federal Emergency Relief Administration (FERA). The CWA was designed to provide temporary employment for manual laborers and was replaced with the Works Progress Administration (WPA) after 1934.
Mississippi Department of Archives and History. Historic Resources Inventory database. Retrieved from http://www.apps.mdah.ms.gov/Public/prop.aspx?view=architectural
Project originally submitted by Susan C. Allen on January 4, 2015.
We welcome contributions of additional information on any New Deal project site.SUBMIT MORE INFORMATION OR PHOTOGRAPHS FOR THIS SITE