Squires Student Center
The Students Activity Building at the Virginia Polytechnic institute in Blacksburg, Virginia was built by the Public Works Administration in 1937. The original building was completed in May of 1937 and was 54,366 square feet. The building was renamed the “Squires Hall” in 1949 and then “the Squires Student Center” in 1970. Though the building has had two major renovations, and the outside has been substantially changed, the inner core of the building still consists of the original Squires Hall. The facility also contains two ballrooms, a 510-seat theater and dining areas.
Project originally submitted by Brad Maier on October 30, 2015.
We welcome contributions of additional information on any New Deal project site.SUBMIT MORE INFORMATION OR PHOTOGRAPHS FOR THIS SITE