Now known as the Graduate Life Center, what was originally the Faculty Center—a dormitory on the Virginia Tech campus in Blacksburg, Virginia—was constructed as a federal Public Works Administration (PWA) project in the mid-1930s. It was one of four buildings on the campus completed as part of a massive PWA-sponsored project that cost $1.2 million. The building has since been dramatically extended to the southeast.
PWA Docket No. VA 1790.
Virginia Tech: https://history.unirel.vt.edu/physical_plant/campus_buildings.html (accessed Jul. 13, 2022)
"Virginia Tech Campus from the Clouds," Richmond Times Dispatch, Jul. 31, 1935 (pg. 4): https://www.newspapers.com/newspage/827984080/
Project originally submitted by Evan Kalish on July 13, 2022.
We welcome contributions of additional information on any New Deal project site.SUBMIT MORE INFORMATION OR PHOTOGRAPHS FOR THIS SITE