Village hall and common, from centre, Framingham, MASource: The Tichnor Brothers Collection, Digital Commonwealth (https://www.digitalcommonwealth.org/search/commonwealth:6d570029g), Boston Public Library. Public Domain
Courtesy the Federal Emergency Relief Administration (F.E.R.A.), Village Hall in Framingham was “repaired and painted, both inside and out. New plastering was installed where necessary…”
In 1937 the Works Progress Administration (W.P.A.) replaced the electrical wiring, installed a cement concrete floor, and re-shingled the roof. In 1940: “The floor system of the upper Village Hall was reconstructed and strengthened by putting in new steel beams and columns, and a new oak floor was laid over the whole upper hall and entrances. The interior of the building was also painted,” by the W.P.A.
Annual Report of the Town of Framingham for the Year Ending December 31, 1934 (pg. 244).
Annual Report of the Town of Framingham for the Year Ending December 31, 1937 (pg. 297).
Annual Report of the Town of Framingham for the Year Ending December 31, 1940 (pg. 146).
Annual Report of the Town of Framingham for the Year Ending December 31, 1943 (pg. 186).
Project originally submitted by Evan Kalish on January 1, 2017.
Additional contributions by Ken Liss - Brookline Historical Society.
We welcome contributions of additional information on any New Deal project site.SUBMIT MORE INFORMATION OR PHOTOGRAPHS FOR THIS SITE